"This is the day the Lord has made, I will REJOICE and be glad in it" Psalms 118:24

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My heart weeps...

Good morning beloved's,

My heart this morning is overflowing with gratitude and thankfulness to my Savior! Yesterday, I got to spend some quality time with a sweet sister in christ and let me just tell you that I came away from it SO ENCOURAGED and filled! It is awesome to have an older woman to go to and ask Godly advice from and help to encourage her as well!

We started to talk about the grace and mercies of God. I shared with her how the Lord can use ANYTHING to encourage us in his word and bring us to our knees. The tool that I'm talking about is a song that the christian rapper LaCrae wrote called "Breathin' to Death". I am one of those people who has to be able to understand and listen to every single word of a song and if i can't then I just can't listen. I love Rap but sometimes it's just so fast I feel like I can't grasp a single word. However, Lacrae does an amazing job in clarity and boldness!!

The verse that Hit me hard was:
I'd rather eat flies and maggots instead of bread
and it's killing me slow but I cant get it through my head
you were stabbed you were murdered
and for me is why you bled
but I spit on your bloody face as If I never cared
And Lord how dare I compare my pain
your father turned his back
and you were left to hang
I don't know why you did it that I cant explain
how can you love this sinner whose desecrated your name
Lord I deserve the flames

I sit amazed that I WOULD rather sin and get my selfish way only to be getting things that are not going to satisfy or last forever! The Lord suffered and was beaten beyond recognition for me and day in and day out I continue to fail him and "spit" in his face. I am so thankful that He is a forgiving and loving father who doesn't expect Perfection but repentance and Obedience.
Walking with Christ isn't the easy road but it is a road that is WORTH every step.

Do we long to satisfy ourselves? Or do we long to see Christ and worship him?

Romans 12:2
"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Please keep me in your prayers for seeking God's word and being Obedient to him. My desire is to live my life for Christ, share the Gospel and to uplift and encourage my family.

Rejoicing In the Lord for his Mercies!


1 comment:

  1. Your an amazing person, and I would do anything to have the feelings you feel towards Christ, I am still seeking him.

    ReplyDelete

My Strong Boy Rolling Over Again!

Down Syndrome Awareness

My sister posted this on her facebook page and its raising awareness for Down Syndrome! Praise The Lord! I have been given the biggest blessing to raise a Down Syndrome little boy and I strive everyday for Him to be given every possibility! Hunter is thriving every single day and is amazing me more and more! He is so strong! Our Doctors are in Awe of him!! My sweet savior has blessed us so incredibly much!