"This is the day the Lord has made, I will REJOICE and be glad in it" Psalms 118:24

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Parenting for Life

Godly Parenting Class.

Jarrod and I are going through a Parenting for Life Class at Church on Wednesday nights and what a blessing it has been for me. I came into this thinking "Oh, this will be great to learn more on godly parenting for Hunter".
Boy was I wrong in a way. Yes, this will help me with shepherding Hunter but ultimately this class is for me. It has been convicting my heart and helping to expose my shortcomings and causing me to draw near to the Lord for direction. I am so thankful for this rebuke. I don't want to live each day frivolously, I want to glorify my Savior.

I'm having to evaluate my priorities, my heart and mind. It's funny to think now, but I've really felt like my heart was in the right spot. I have now realized that I didn't have my priorities in the correct order, my first goal was to do what fit best with Me, then the Lord and Etc.

How did I forget to put my first love, FIRST?
My heart weeps over my selfishness!
Proverbs 28:26
"He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, but he who walks wisely will be delivered"
I am so thankful that The Lord doesn't forget me. I am so thankful that He is always faithful!

A few things from our parenting class: (I really tried to limit it to just a few)

*Strive to seek God first; not to just get through the day and "Eventually" get to him.
Isn't that a slap in the face to the Lord? Can you imagine if He treated us the way we treat him? Praise God he is merciful and always faithful!
John 3:30
"He must increase, But I must decrease"

*My Goal is to be a faithful instrument for Christ to shepherd my child.

*Parenting is a multi-faceted relationship that lasts a lifetime.

* A Quote from John McArthur's summary on week 2
"We must have the right motivation, focus, and balance. These challenges keep us on our knees so that our parenting is part of our walk of faith. Instead of merely completing a list of "to do's," Parenting is a wonderful opportunity to trust God."

* Humble myself and apologize when I make ungodly actions.
I want to be an example for Hunter. There is no perfect person and I want to display that when I am wrong I need to ask for forgiveness.
1 Corinthians 10:31
"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

*Teaching the Importance of forgiving others.
Ephesians 4:32
"Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

*Our speech should be edifying in content, motive, tone and volume.

Lastly, I will leave you with a side note of Christ's earthly ministry.

He was not selfish; he was generous.
He showed us that the way to gain was to give up one's "rights".
He met the genuine needs of others at His own expense.
He chose to view others' interests as more important than His own.
He was impartial in his sacrificial love.

I am so thankful for the blessing of an eye opener to my sin and for the Lord to use this for his glory to refine me.
PRAISE THE LORD!

Please pray that I can keep a steadfast heart in the word.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Strong Boy Rolling Over Again!

Down Syndrome Awareness

My sister posted this on her facebook page and its raising awareness for Down Syndrome! Praise The Lord! I have been given the biggest blessing to raise a Down Syndrome little boy and I strive everyday for Him to be given every possibility! Hunter is thriving every single day and is amazing me more and more! He is so strong! Our Doctors are in Awe of him!! My sweet savior has blessed us so incredibly much!