"This is the day the Lord has made, I will REJOICE and be glad in it" Psalms 118:24

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kinsley Alyse's Birth Story


Kinsley Alyse Greene

4.18.11


Oh the joy's of the morning of April 18th, I had a planned induction set for Kinsley to grace us with her presence. Of course, the night before I was anxious and so excited that tomorrow was going to be the big day where we would meet this precious little girl that had been placed in my womb by the Lord 9 months earlier! I was so excited! I organized the last little bit of things that needed to be done and TRIED my hardest to get some sleep. Well, 2:30 rolled around and I was awoken with contractions. I was pretty excited but really didn't think into them since I was going to the hospital in about 5 hours. I couldn't go back to sleep so I checked my email and during that time my contractions were about 3 minutes apart for about 30 minutes then BAM, Nothing not even a small one. I then, tried to get back into bed and go to sleep since I would have to be up in about 2 hours. I laid there restlessly and finally at 3:45 just decided that If I couldn't sleep I would just get up and get dressed. Crazy, I know! Well, finally 5:00 rolls around and I just had to call the hospital to make sure that there was a room ready for me. My scheduled time was 6:00 a.m. However, they had me just come in around 7:00. Jarrod's mom got to our house a little after 5 (we had thought we needed to leave at 5:30) everyone was excited. I then started to get irregualar contractions again about 5-7 mintues apart nothing painful just the tightening feeling. I was getting excited that I could be in labor before my schduled time. At 6:30, kissed Hunter good bye and told him that we would be seeing him shortly and that he was going to be a big brother and then headed out the door.


"For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mothers womb. I will praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made" Psalm 139:14


Jarrod and I drove to the hospital in a surreal state of excitement and joy. We checked into labor and delivery. It was so nice because we were joking around and got to spend some really awesome time together! (There was a precious couple that checked in at the same time as us. *remember this for later*) We got up to the room around 7:45 ish and just filled out the paperwork and consent papers for treatment. We turned on pandora and played hillsong for our labor music. It was awesome and so relaxing. I think at this point it was hitting me that I was about to experience that euphoric feeling of labor once again! I got settled into my bed around 8:30-45ish and then the monitors were placed on my belly to check Kinsley out and check contractions. I was contractions about every 7 minutes, but was only feeling the tightening feeling. My body was starting on it's own!! I was checked to see where our starting point was and I was about 3 cm. They went ahead and started a small dose of pitocin. This time around the pitocin wasn't really causing hard contractions in the beginning like before. 2 hours passed and they came back in to check on me and check my progress and I was maybe a 3+ so a tiny bit more. I then stayed there for about 2.5 more hours. Around 2, I was having such bad back labor that I just couldn't handle it anymore and requested an epidural. It took the aneteologist about 1 hour and 15 minutes before he got to me. I was so scared of the epidural and couldn't stop trembling. It took him a few tries (which hurt) to get it into place. So, after everything was settled Dr. Barnes came in and checked me and I was about 4+ and he then broke my water. My nurse let me know that she would be back to check me around 5:00. Jarrod and My mom just sat with me while I tried to rest. At 5, my nurse returned and checked me and told me that I was 5-6 cm. I was SO excited! Jarrod asked if it were okay to go ahead and call everyone and let them know they could head up to wait. I was a little hesitant, I was going off Hunter's labor and I thought it would be another 2 hours before I was 7cm. Which is where my labor flew. However, we decided to let everyone know they could head up but didn't have to rush. Jarrod's dad and step mom got up to the hospital at 5:15ish and came to visit with us. Well, about 30 mintues later I started to feel some pushing pressure. I knew something was going on but wasn't sure what since I thought I was only 5-6 cm. My nurse was in a delivery so another sweet nurse (who I just loved) came in and told me that It was probably just the baby really moving down but was going to check me to see what was going on. When she checked me she had this smirk on her face and looked at me and said "how many cm's did you say you were" I then told her that at 5:00 I was 5-6 cm. (Now, remember this is only 45 minutes later.) She just smiled and said "Well, your not 5-6 cm you are fully dilated and this baby is coming" I was stunned and thrilled! Did I really go from 5-10 in 45 minutes! CRAZY! She had me practice push just to see what the baby would do & sure enough I moved her head down a pretty good bit with that one push.


"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127:3


Renette (our nurse) called Dr. Barnes to let him know that I was fully ready and that he needed to come down to my room. Jarrod and Renette held my legs as I began pushing several pushes in I could see her head starting to show. Renette and Jarrod were both cheering me on and saying how great I was doing. I remember in the middle of one push I hear Renette say "Push" and I did but then when I saw Kinsley's head and it has ALOT of dark hair I stopped and said "She has hair" Renette said your suppose to be pushing in this goofy way. I smirked and said "But, she has hair" I wasn't expecting that one. It was comical! Dr. Barnes come in a few minutes later and It was really like a little party in my room after that. Everyone was cracking jokes as I was pushing, which was extremely entertaining to me and helped me relax and push better. (I know that sounds crazy but it's true) Kinsley's head finally crowned after about 25 minutes or so. When it did Dr. Barnes just looked at me and asked "how much did your son weigh" I replied that he was 7 lbs 8 oz. He just smiled and said "Oh, she's not going to be that small". I knew it, I had been telling people the last little bit that she felt bigger. After 31 minutes of pushing Out comes this GORGEOUS 8 lb 3 oz Brown haired little girl! When I saw her I was amazed and I'm pretty sure that I had the EXACT same expression and feelings I had when I birthed Hunter. "My baby, look at my baby" I was overjoyed and overcome with this great love that the Lord chose me once again to take care of one of his children! PRAISE GOD! I can't express the Euphoric feeling that I was having. Jarrod's face and expression was just priceless. He was so excited and looked at her with the most precious look. She had already stolen his heart! As my placenta (which was HUGE, Dr. said that she was getting some good food) was delivered I just watched Jarrod and Kinsley. I was in awe. After she was weighed they wrapped her up and brought her back over to me. I nursed her and then told Jarrod that I wanted him to go get Hunter and let him meet his baby sister. When they walked back into the room Hunter had this face that he was studying her and then immediately said "baby" in the sweetest voice and touched her belly! He has been in love with her ever since. After a few minutes of just our family time we had all our family come in to meet her. It was just amazing to see all the people who already loved her.


We had the most wonderful stay. Our baby girl was able to stay in the room with us this time. I was rejoicing for that. Nursing was amazing, she was born ready to nurse!! The night before we left they had to do her last weigh in to see and just an over all check up. Everything went great! She was 7 lb 12.5 oz, which was great! Remember the sweet couple that I told you about in the beginning. Well, she and I labored at the exact same rate the whole time and she delivered a precious little boy about 15 minutes after Kinsley was born! How awesome is that! The Next morning we gathered our stuff up and got ready to go home to now be a family of 4!! Being rolled out of those double doors with my baby on my lap was the greatest feeling. I am so thankful that the Lord allowed us to have that experience. Now, my job is to be a godly wife to Jarrod and raise my 2 precious babies to know the Lord. What a blessing I have been given! GREATEST job I could ever ask for!


PRAISING THE LORD for his many blessings!!

4 comments:

My Strong Boy Rolling Over Again!

Down Syndrome Awareness

My sister posted this on her facebook page and its raising awareness for Down Syndrome! Praise The Lord! I have been given the biggest blessing to raise a Down Syndrome little boy and I strive everyday for Him to be given every possibility! Hunter is thriving every single day and is amazing me more and more! He is so strong! Our Doctors are in Awe of him!! My sweet savior has blessed us so incredibly much!