"This is the day the Lord has made, I will REJOICE and be glad in it" Psalms 118:24

Monday, November 30, 2009

Surgery Date Set

Well, the Call came in today... I was awaiting a call back from the cardiologist's office about a question I had reguarding something that concerned me about Hunter's skin color ( a little purple, but has gone away with a warm blanket swaddling him) and when I saw the number I knew that it was the Cardiologist's office, however they were not calling me back with an answer to that specific question. The sweet woman on the other side of the phone informed me that the surgeons had set a date for his surgery, with a lump in my throat and holding my sweet baby so tightly, I asked her the date and she said Wednesday December 9th! I thought, that is only 9 days away! I was shocked with a date so soon. She then informed me of all that would be going on the few days before the surgery and where and when we would need to be.


This is very bitter sweet for me! I am SO incredibly thankful that Hunter will have those 2 holes in his heart fixed and that the Lord gave those 2 doctors the knowledge to perform the surgery, but in the same breath I am SCARED to death, I think i have been trembling since i got off the phone! Its such a weird feeling. I am calm but shaky at the same time. I know the Lord is so faithful and that he is holding my sweet boy in the palm of his hands! Christ has been faithful yesterday and today and I KNOW he will continue to be faithful to our sweet family, we just have to lean on him and let him ALONE be our strength!

"...And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
and If my God is with me
then whom shall I fear.
Oh no, YOU never let go
through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, you never let go
In every High and EVERY low
Oh no, you never let go
Lord, you never let go of me..."

I am praising the Lord for my sweet baby getting his heart "fixed" and Jarrod and I are Praying for Strength and realiance on the Lord for this upcoming event!
Thank you sweet savior for all you provide!! You are far more gracious than I deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Strong Boy Rolling Over Again!

Down Syndrome Awareness

My sister posted this on her facebook page and its raising awareness for Down Syndrome! Praise The Lord! I have been given the biggest blessing to raise a Down Syndrome little boy and I strive everyday for Him to be given every possibility! Hunter is thriving every single day and is amazing me more and more! He is so strong! Our Doctors are in Awe of him!! My sweet savior has blessed us so incredibly much!