"This is the day the Lord has made, I will REJOICE and be glad in it" Psalms 118:24

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Birth Plan

Today, I had some extra time to sit down and make my birth plan! At first, I felt a little lost so I did some research to see what all I needed to make sure to put down and things that needed to be stated! Then I went ahead and wrote down some of my major priorites and then I typed it all up and it's now ready to go! Only about 10-13 weeks left until we will need to put it into play!! only 89 more days until Hunter's Due Date!!!!!I will share this with you guys!

My Birth Plan
When Labor begins, start timing contractions and when they get to be about 5 minutes apart for about an hour, call the hospital and let them know.
Get all our stuff packed up and put into the car
Call the Grandparents to let them know that we are on the way to the hospital.
The Carseat should already be in the car, just make sure that it is tightly fastened and ready to go!
pack ourselves into the car and LET"S GO HAVE OUR SON! =D
When checking in let the desk know that i am already pre-registered!
Pray The whole time!!

Labor
I would like to try and go as long as possible without my epidural. BUT if i am in pain, PLEASE, let the Dr. know that i'm ready!
When I am being checked Vaginally to see how far along, I only want Jarrod in the room!
I don't mind if our families are in the room while i'm getting ready and transitioning, but once the Dr. says that "It's time to push" I only want Jarrod, myself, the Dr & Nurses to be in the room!
If I look like I am going to tear, please tell the Dr. that I want an episiotomy

Delivery
Only Jarrod's and Dr's in the room!!'
I would like a mirror available so I can see Hunter's head when it crowns
I would like to have Hunter placed on my stomach/chest immediately after delivery
I would like to have My Husband cut the cord.
I would like to hold Hunter while I deliver the placenta and any tissue repairs are made.
I would like to have Hunter evaluated and bathed in my room
I plan to keep Hunter near me following birth and would like it if the evaluation of Hunter can be done with Hunter on my abdomen, with both of us covered by a warm blanket, unless there is an unusual situation.
If Hunter must be taken from me to receive medical treatment, My Husband will accompany Hunter at all times.

Breast Feeding
I plan to breastfeed Hunter and would like to begin nursing very shortly after birth, and I would really like it if the Sugar water would not be given to him unless it's needed.
I would like more information about breastfeeding.
I would like to meet with a lactation consultant.

Circumcision
Hunter is to be circumcised before we leave the hospital.
I'm sure that I am missing a few things on here but I have plenty of time to continue to update it! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Strong Boy Rolling Over Again!

Down Syndrome Awareness

My sister posted this on her facebook page and its raising awareness for Down Syndrome! Praise The Lord! I have been given the biggest blessing to raise a Down Syndrome little boy and I strive everyday for Him to be given every possibility! Hunter is thriving every single day and is amazing me more and more! He is so strong! Our Doctors are in Awe of him!! My sweet savior has blessed us so incredibly much!