"This is the day the Lord has made, I will REJOICE and be glad in it" Psalms 118:24

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hunter's 2nd Cardiology appt.


Good Morning Beloved's! Just wanted to send an update on how Hunter's Cardiology appt went. He now weighs 9lbs 6 oz and is 22 inches long at 7 weeks old! GROWING BOY! We went back into our room expecting an ekg and and echocardiogram. Our Dr. said that he did'nt have to get hat done because they knew exactly what he had but he would have to get one to update the next visit. The Dr said that Hunter looks good but will have to be on the lowest form of heart meds: Furosemide(its a diuretic) (brand name:Lasix) His heart is starting to work a little harder and his system needs to flush out all the extra sodium that his body is retaining. The Dr. said that this is all part of the slow effects before surgery. We started Hunter on the Meds yesterday afternoon. I just want to see my little man get better! We also have somewhat of a timeline on our surgery. Next month, Hunter will go back in for the tests and then our Dr. will go to a conference with the surgeons who will be doing the surgery and they will go over all his test results and how he is doing then and they will give us a more accurate timeline. It could be anywhere from the end of december till march. However I'm thinking more along the lines of after new year.Please


Pray that the Lord continues to give Jarrod and I strength and reliance on Him through this! I pray endlessly for my sweet little boy. I know that this is the Lord's perfect will for my son. I am so thankful that The Lord is so gracious and sweet and is taking PERFECT care of my son!


Also a few small updates on new things... Hunter is starting to make more new noises every day, now wearing a size 1 diaper (Huggies Little Snugglers) and is really getting the hang of sitting up on his little arms with his head raised!He is starting to smile a little more when he's awake, I'm not sure that its a responsive smile though. I think its just gas or something. None the less, I am so proud of every new accomplishment he makes! I am Praising the Lord and rejoicing in the Small accomplishments! They are all such a blessing!Thank You guys so much for your prayers! You have been such an encouragment to us and we are so thankful for you all!!



In Christ's Love-Sheena

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Strong Boy Rolling Over Again!

Down Syndrome Awareness

My sister posted this on her facebook page and its raising awareness for Down Syndrome! Praise The Lord! I have been given the biggest blessing to raise a Down Syndrome little boy and I strive everyday for Him to be given every possibility! Hunter is thriving every single day and is amazing me more and more! He is so strong! Our Doctors are in Awe of him!! My sweet savior has blessed us so incredibly much!