"This is the day the Lord has made, I will REJOICE and be glad in it" Psalms 118:24

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

4 month well check

Hunter in the waiting room, waiting to be seen =D

Our Sweet little family about to go drive around to get out of the house since we can't quite be around anyone just yet!

Well today was Hunter's 4 month well check!
He weighed a WHOOPING 12 pounds even! I was Shocked! 1 week and 2 days ago he weighed 10 lbs 14 oz. so that means that he gained 1 pound 2 oz in a little over a week! I was THRILLED! Momma's milk is working just wonderful! He is 24.5 inches in length and his head circumference is 38.8! The Dr. said that he looks wonderful and everything sounds great! Oh && I almost forgot to mention that Hope (our ARNP) said that Hunter's gums look white in the 2 bottom teeth area, and thinks that they might be coming in soon!
I am praising the Lord for a HEALTHY growing boy!

(Just an insight on this:)
Hunter started nursing exclusively right after his Open Heart Surgery and Well since I was so use to knowing how many oz he was getting, not knowing exactly how much he was getting was very strange to me. I was worried that maybe he wasn't getting enough to eat. He will be fully nursed in 10 minutes and want to eat again in about 2 hours. He has had PLENTY of wet and poopy diapers, so I didn't really have anything to worry about. and Now knowing that he is gaining very well, lets me know that He is getting enough!! WOOOHOOO Praise The Lord! I Adore nursing him! It is such a wonderful bonding experience and so relaxing!

1 comment:

  1. Such an adorable family the three of you make. That's so awesome that Hunter is doing so well with nursing. I can't believe he weighs 12 pounds at 4 months. My little peanut needs to grow...although I must admit that she's easy to carry around...lol. Praise God for His care of Hunter!!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Strong Boy Rolling Over Again!

Down Syndrome Awareness

My sister posted this on her facebook page and its raising awareness for Down Syndrome! Praise The Lord! I have been given the biggest blessing to raise a Down Syndrome little boy and I strive everyday for Him to be given every possibility! Hunter is thriving every single day and is amazing me more and more! He is so strong! Our Doctors are in Awe of him!! My sweet savior has blessed us so incredibly much!