"This is the day the Lord has made, I will REJOICE and be glad in it" Psalms 118:24

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Joyful Tears

His last EKG for 6 months!!!

Where do I Start!

THANK YOU SWEET JESUS! My joyful triumph would not be possible without you and your sweet grace on my Son.

I write this with tears of Joy and excitement. We had our follow up appointment with our cardiologist Dr. Ettedgui this morning. We are so thrilled to hear that Hunter's heart is "spectacular" as Dr. E put it! He said that this is the most amazing repair he has seen and he is recovering beautifully! Jill (our Dr's PA) said that if she couldn't see his incision scar, she would think he had always had a perfect heart with the way it sounds!! Dr.E. was also thrilled with Hunter's growth and weight gain. Hunter is now 12lbz 5oz and 25.5 inches long! Only 6 days ago he was 12 pounds and 24.5 inches long. (all that cluster feeding makes sense now) It just amazes me! Praise be to my glorious Savior!

We sat and talked to Dr. E for a few minutes as he explained how everything looked and he then told me something that made me Smile inside and out. "Since Hunter was born Ours and Your main concern was to keep an eye on Hunter's heart and how well he was doing, but Now we can turn that page and not worry about his heart and just worry about him being a typical baby". Those words were an answered prayer! He then proceeded to tell me that He would like to see him back in 6 months since everything looked great and then after that if all stays the same we would only be back to see him once a year! Praise The Lord! After Dr. E shook our hands I got Hunter ready to go home and we checked out made our 6 month appointment and left on our way.

I called Jarrod on the way out to let him know all that was said this morning. He was so thrilled and like a proud daddy he told everyone at work how well his Little Man was doing! It made me smile so BIG! I am so thankful for a wonderful Husband who adores his son.

On our drive home, I couldn't help but to break down with tears of Joy for all that the Lord had done for us! He was showing me that He is ALWAYS faithful and that He loved my son. He continues to show me that he is mighty every single day! He heard my cries and answered my requests. What a Joy it is to know that I have a savior that Loves me so much and will always take care of me!

Philippians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Rejoice, Again I say Rejoice!!!!!

Thank you so much to everyone who has prayed and is still praying for us. We are so very grateful and cannot express enough how much it means to us. You are all such blessings to us!

In Christ's Love
The Greene's

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Strong Boy Rolling Over Again!

Down Syndrome Awareness

My sister posted this on her facebook page and its raising awareness for Down Syndrome! Praise The Lord! I have been given the biggest blessing to raise a Down Syndrome little boy and I strive everyday for Him to be given every possibility! Hunter is thriving every single day and is amazing me more and more! He is so strong! Our Doctors are in Awe of him!! My sweet savior has blessed us so incredibly much!