"This is the day the Lord has made, I will REJOICE and be glad in it" Psalms 118:24

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Attempting... Success



This was just before his "attempted" nap.
My Sweet and Handsome Boy!!
Well, I am attempting to put Hunter in his Crib for the first time for a nap today! ( day nap time, I haven't even come close to being comfortable with putting Hunter in his bed for bedtime! && I'm not sure when I will be)If you know me well, you will know that this is HUGE for me. I like to have my baby near me or am holding him constantly! I haven't really given him a "structured" napping schedule. I just let him nap when he gets tired and so far, its been great! He can sleep in just about any place! What a blessing!

This is what I found when I came into his room the first time

see that little smirk because he knows momma is back...
Anyway back to my "attempting".

I rocked Hunter for a little bit, && for the longest time he kept looking up at me with this precious little smirk and would titter totter back and forth from being asleep and fighting sleep. All the while he was still in this awesome mood! Just smiling and oh so content. I almost walked out of his room and brought him with me... but I didn't!!! He finally nodded off to sleep, I continued to rock him for a few more minutes to make sure that he was really asleep. I then got up and laid him into his bed and guess what happened??!! His little eyes POPPED open! ha ha.. He is so aware at knowing when mommy puts him down. I then turned his mobile on and prayed he'd go back to sleep.

About 15 or 20 minutes into the "nap" I could hear Hunter over the monitor ( it's funny I even use one for him, he's only about 15 or 20 steps away) just talking away and sounding like he is having a good ole time in his crib.... So I peaked in to check on him and found him staring around and talking... (picture above to show my findings) I continued on my "napping" adventure and made sure he was okay and then came back into the living room to put a few dishes into the dishwasher and then come back to report what I found...

Fast forward about 15 minutes...

Lightly asleep

I started to hear less and less talking in Hunter's room, so I went in and checked on him and he was lightly asleep. He was still sucking his thumb and moving his legs a little but nonetheless fading into a NAP!

Sleeping so sweetly!

woohoo... I can't believe it! I actually did It, I didn't go running in there to pick him up and cuddle him and hold him while he slept. I feel very accomplished for this tiny step!! =D Praise The Lord!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! I have yet to put Mason in his crib. He sleeps in our room in his pack n play by my bedside. Which he is getting too big for... I guess I need to suck it up and try the crib too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenna, He sleeps in our room for bed time.. I can't even begin to think about him sleeping in his own room at night yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good boy to go to sleep on his own like that for nap! I have ruined our chances for that, I need to work on it really bad. I always cuddle him to sleep then put him down... BAD! Great job Hunter!!

    ReplyDelete

My Strong Boy Rolling Over Again!

Down Syndrome Awareness

My sister posted this on her facebook page and its raising awareness for Down Syndrome! Praise The Lord! I have been given the biggest blessing to raise a Down Syndrome little boy and I strive everyday for Him to be given every possibility! Hunter is thriving every single day and is amazing me more and more! He is so strong! Our Doctors are in Awe of him!! My sweet savior has blessed us so incredibly much!