"This is the day the Lord has made, I will REJOICE and be glad in it" Psalms 118:24

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cardiologist appt!




We had Hunter's Cardiologist appt yesterday and it went AWESOME!


We checked in at 10:30 and filled out some information for his visit. He got weighed and is now 8lbs 1oz and is now 21 inches long!! since Birth he has grown a whole inch and weighs 7 oz more!! My baby boy is growing so fast already! =D
We then went and got his EKG done (which are what the pictures are of) and that went very well, it only took less then 5 minutes! He is such a good baby during the tests!
Then we went back to our room and waited for the ECHO to be done! (sonogram) so no more pokes!!! woohoo!! The Echo went great and Our DR came in and talked to us about all the ins and outs of what is going on with Hunter's heart!
The Dr. said that everything looks great and that his heart is very strong. He also said that there is no need for any heart meds as of now, everything is going the way it should! The heart surgery is also a very flexible timeline due to how well he is doing! he wants Hunter to continue gaining weight and doing well and we can go from there so around jan-march we should have the heart surgery done. Our Dr is very thorough and informative which Jarrod and I really liked and are very pleased with him taking care of our son!
I am praising the Lord for such an awesome visit and I am so thankful to all of you who have been praying for us! =D

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you are so blessed! I received a prayer request for your family from a friend who received it at a Bible study here in North Georgia. God sure brings us together.
    We just adopted an angel with Down syndrome born on August 17th (also a boy) in FL. We are also in the process of bringing home a little girl from Eastern Europe with Ds. We pray she'll be home before Thanksgiving.
    Hunter is a chosen one- a gift straight from God, an angel among us. Please know that we are praying for your family and for Hunter's heart. If you feel like you'd like to chat with another mom going through some of the same things, feel free to email me at nogreatergiftmom@yahoo.com.
    My prayers are with you!!
    In Him,
    E

    ReplyDelete

My Strong Boy Rolling Over Again!

Down Syndrome Awareness

My sister posted this on her facebook page and its raising awareness for Down Syndrome! Praise The Lord! I have been given the biggest blessing to raise a Down Syndrome little boy and I strive everyday for Him to be given every possibility! Hunter is thriving every single day and is amazing me more and more! He is so strong! Our Doctors are in Awe of him!! My sweet savior has blessed us so incredibly much!